Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Me Pick a RepRap

Posted by sajattack 
Help Me Pick a RepRap
January 02, 2015 12:13AM
I'm trying to choose my first 3d printer and I figured I should probably check in here before I make my decision. Right now I have 3 printers in mind: Makerfarm's 12" Prusa i3v, Nophead's Mendel90, and RepRapPro's Ormerod 2. I'm leaning towards the Makerfarm because of the large build volume at a very affordable price. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a 12" printer? Since it's my first build I should probably stick to a kit but I'd consider non-kit options. Aside from the obvious difference in build volume, how would you compare the 3 options I have picked?
Re: Help Me Pick a RepRap
January 02, 2015 04:19AM
I have a Prusa i3 myself and I am happy with the results. It did have some things that were unclear about putting it together. What I have seen of Nophead's Mendel90 looks very good. I think you have to ask yourself 'Will I need 12" build volume?' How often are you going to print such large piece? If you do occasionally want to print something larger, you could put it together from multiple pieces.
January 02, 2015 05:42PM
Will I use the full volume often? Probably not. Is it handy to have in case I need it? You betcha.
January 03, 2015 07:18AM
There is a lot of RepRap, all with the same functions and parts+-extruder form. Normally you will get what you pay for. Be sure that the parts is of high quality, then u are ready to go.

www.3dfilamenta.com - International Sales Platform for 3D Printing Products
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login