Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel mini motors struggling

Posted by Capinho 
Kossel mini motors struggling
January 22, 2015 10:36AM
Hello everyone. I am trying to move my mini Kossel, but I amt struggling with some issues. When i home all axes, they move fast and smooth to the endstops (really fast i mean). However, if i try to move my axes for example G0 X50 Y70, they move really slow, and motors are roaring and vibrating very loud. What could be wrong here? Feedrates? I could add video if needed, but i guess everyone here understands my problem.

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {200, 200, 200, 200}
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,9000,9000}
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000

These are my settings. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Kossel mini motors struggling
January 22, 2015 04:36PM
What does your #define HOMING_FEEDRATE line read? Below are Marlin defaults for homing and regular moves. Homing can be significantly faster as we don't really care if steps are skipped. We're going to be setting the position to either the min or max once the endstop is hit so we might as well as move them as fast as the motors reasonably can. But once we the endstops, we need to move slower normally so that steps aren't missed.

#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 25}
Re: Kossel mini motors struggling
January 22, 2015 04:53PM
You did not specify a feed rate in your G1 command. So it will use the last feed rate that was set, which will be the one used for the fine homing step. Try adding F5000 to the G1 command.

The default accelerations of 3000 look rather high to me. I use 1000 on my MK.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login