Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RobotDigg

Posted by Edward99 
RobotDigg
January 24, 2015 06:43PM
I have been looking at the parts from RobotDigg in China. Very good prices, has anyone purchased from them. Looking for delivery info and quality.
Re: RobotDigg
January 24, 2015 09:18PM
Yes, I have, good delivery, good price, I got what I expected. Quality is good on most parts. Only thing I couldn't get working was the bronze bushings and the 8mm pulley posts. Besides that I'm very content with what I got.

Build up a lasercutter in CoreXY format and it worked from the start, without having to change steps/mm at all. The dimensions are perfectly square and 200mm movement really is 200mm.

I used everything from RobotDIGG that I needed, this includes Ramps 1.4, stepper motors, stepper motor with integrated TR8*8 spindle, and bearings, a lot of bearings. Flanged ones, pulleys, smooth rods, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 09:19PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
January 25, 2015 02:00AM
I made about a $35 purchase from Robotdigg about two months ago. It was actually for a CoreXY machine also. I didn't buy quite as much as Ohmarinus and it was all just mechanical stuff and hardware. No electronics so I can't say anything about their electronics. I bought a bunch of GT2 pulleys some 5mm and some 6.25mm and a few meters of GT2 belt. The pulleys were very well machined and high quality. I also bought about a dozen bronze bushings which all work well. The purchasing process is a bit worrying but it is through Paypal which is good. The shipping cost about $6 or $8, I think, and for me took about a week and half to two weeks which was expected. I would buy from Robotdigg again.

JTT
January 25, 2015 04:56AM
Thanks for your inputs on Robotdigg, I built a 3D printer for myself mostly from 3" PVC pipe that was cut, heated and flatten into sheets 24" X 10" X .240". it cuts and machines well and takes a thread.
I was thinking of building a low cost printer for a family member when I found this supplier. To be honest I had more fun building the printer than I am using it, Just a retiree with too much time on his hands.
I attached a video of the printer ( I hope)

[youtu.be]
January 26, 2015 02:17PM
I have thought about buying from them in the past, but heard the shipping was expensive. I am curious what kind of shipping costs Ohmarinus encountered.
January 26, 2015 07:21PM
Shipping cost were around ~60 dollars, this was due to the fact that I ordered a bunch of stepper motors + spindle which made the package heavier and the smooth rods had to be shipped separately, so I had to pay for the shipping of the smooth rods separately. I also had tons of bearings and other stuff so I think it was all justified.

January 27, 2015 02:19PM
So you feel the quality of the components (specifcially the steppers) was worth the cost + shipping?

I appreciate the feedback, thank you.
January 27, 2015 08:56PM
Definitely! Even the electronics, it all just worked in one try smiling smiley even though I ordered way too many parts, that's my own fault, I can basically make another 3D-printer now winking smiley

January 27, 2015 09:21PM
Maybe stating the obvious but, I purchased small things likes bearings, pulleys, belt, and bushings and the shipping was relatively cheap. About $8 I think. I thought this was more than acceptable since the price of their hardware is so much less than any other supplier I could find with the same products.

JTT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login