Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Beginner] Err: MINTEMP

Posted by rpartovi 
[Beginner] Err: MINTEMP
February 01, 2015 11:32PM
Hello,

This is my first time posting in these forums and I have ran into a problem that I'm having trouble figuring out. I've been doing some prints for the last month on my MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v. I've ran into a problem where my printer stopped printing an object midway and now its reads Err: MINTEMP on the LCD screen. I've tried looking this issue up online and have found a couple people running into the same issue. The issue is that when I start a print my bed will heat up to 110 degrees then my extruder will heat up to about 133 degrees then it will stop and show Err:MINTEMP.

I found the issue to be possible coming from my extruder because when I took it apart I pulled the wire from the extruder (see picture below. Would be also nice if someone would let me know the technical term for it.) it got rid of the Err:MINTEMP that was showing. But when I placed in back into the hole the Err:MINTEMP showed up again. I cleaned out the hole the end goes into and the Err:MINTEMP stopped showing up again. When I tried to do another test print the extruder started to heat up and the Err:MINTEMP showed up again.

[imgur.com]

Would be nice if someone could give me an idea as to where to start to try and fix the issue. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything, thanks!
Re: [Beginner] Err: MINTEMP
February 02, 2015 01:52AM
Thats a thermister

Its the part that detects the temparature of you hotend. (its a resitor that changes value as it heats up)

A min temp error can be caused by the cable to the thermister going open cct. (ie are theose crimps nice and solid)

Also you shouldnt be able to see the bare wires... if they touch the metal block... it all bad news...
Be very careful around those legs near the gass bead, they like to snap off if your not careful.
February 08, 2015 05:56PM
Do you think if I used electrical tape to cover the exposed wires then try running a print again that should help fix the issue?
February 09, 2015 05:30AM
no, this inside the heat block. electrical tape will just catch fire..

Kapton tape will be fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login