Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

upload firmware to china melzi?

Posted by wendychai80 
upload firmware to china melzi?
February 22, 2015 10:16AM
i bought prusa i3 from aliexpress and it using melzi as controller but i can't upload firmware to the melzi board, i decide to change to ramps 1.4 and everything working fine. is there anyway i can upload marlin into the melzi maybe i build another printer using the melzi smiling smiley
Re: upload firmware to china melzi?
February 23, 2015 12:13PM
The Melzi is based on the Sanguinololu 1.3a. I haven't come across anyone successfully using Marlin on either board. I've always used Sprinter.
February 24, 2015 02:15PM
thank you for reply, i try upload sprinter
February 24, 2015 03:13PM
The official Mendel90 nophead sells uses a tweaked Marlin on a Melzi.
February 24, 2015 03:44PM
I thought I had fried my Melzi board from RepRapPro a few years ago when my chair became caught on the USB cable and yanked. Last night I removed the micro (mini?) USB from the board and soldered the wires directly. That didn't help any, it still wasn't registering on my computer. I went to their website and downloaded the Marlin firmware and uploaded it to the board. It didn't work the first time (I forgot the jumper). After finding and installing a jumper, I was able to get it to work again. I've only tested one motor on it so far. I'll be installing it on the next printer I make.

Arduino 1.0.5-r2
Marlin_Master from RepRapPro
Motherboard 62 in Configuration_h
Board Sanguino W/ATmega1284
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login