Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vapor Chamber Heat Bed

Posted by skynetprinter 
Vapor Chamber Heat Bed
March 13, 2015 04:25AM
I found a comparison on YT with a vapor camber conducting heat 20 times better than copper... so i did some digging around and found this:

It's a flat vapor chamber with a maximum size of 400 x 400 millimeters, from strikefan on ali baba

it would cost alot. would there be any performance advantage?

The YT vid showing a vapor chamber working against gravity:
[www.youtube.com]
Re: Vapor Chamber Heat Bed
March 13, 2015 06:45AM
Well, you can always find technologies that works better and cost much more. New things are always tricky. You must be sure it will reach your expectations. How long will it last ? What size are avalaible ? Is it easy to mount ? Do you realy need to improve your actual system ? What gain do you realy expect ?

A 24v PCB heatbed can raise the temperature of a print bed in less than 1mn for PLA and about 2mn for ABS. That amount of time represents a little bit of the overall printing time anyways. The temperature is relatively even and it cost less than $10, if it's broken it's no big deal. You can order a self adhesive silicon heatbed at your specifications for few dozens bucks.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login