Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

contacting administrators?

Posted by Rich K. 
contacting administrators?
March 13, 2015 01:00PM
How does one go about contacting the forum admins? I tried to post in the "I made this" section, and it wouldn't allow me to do so on the basis that a word that I used had been banned. I checked over my post and found nothing that anyone should find offensive or objectionable, and the error message went on to say I should contact the forum administrators.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 01:01PM by Rich K..
VDX
Re: contacting administrators?
March 13, 2015 01:17PM
... there are some short 'banned words', that will be blocked too, when part of another word ... I did need some time to realize, that the German word "Elektroni ker" (without space) was blocked, as it's embedding "n.i.k.e" (without dots), which was banned for excessive spamming eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 05:45PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 13, 2015 01:41PM
They need to either get rid of their censor software, change it so it only bans blatantly offensive language, or allow readers to report posts and ban offensive posters and spammers based on the reports, or at the very least set things up so that you know what the censors are catching so the post can be modified appropriately.
March 13, 2015 02:48PM
Rich K.
They need to either get rid of their censor software, change it so it only bans blatantly offensive language, or allow readers to report posts and ban offensive posters and spammers based on the reports, or at the very least set things up so that you know what the censors are catching so the post can be modified appropriately.
I'm going to bet that you've never had to deal with a spamming problem with an online forum before. While the need to block any type of posts is unfortunate, it is worse when acceptable posts are innocent casualties. But with any of your ideas there are significant problems that could quickly make the form an unusable nightmare due to spamming.
March 13, 2015 08:16PM
This has happened before and usually there is an easy fix for it. Feel free to send me a PM with the text you are trying to post (I think it will make it through as a PM) and we can figure out what it is triggering on. As we've pointed out before, we can't publish a list of banned terms because that would make it very easy for a spammer to circumvent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login