Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First printer for my specifications?

Posted by caleb12134 
First printer for my specifications?
April 22, 2015 09:36PM
Hi all, I bought a printrbot simple metal and I am very disappointed with it. I am technically inclined and I still don't have it printing well like others suggest it only takes 1 hour to get great prints. I am looking in the 1,000 - 2,000 dollar range (MakerCrap printers are out (MakerBot)). I would like minimal tweaking out of box, I am buying this just to prototype and not tweak or have as a hobby project. And if anyone has any recommendations for a complete calibration guide for printrbot i'd really appreciate it! Thanks a lot guys!
Re: First printer for my specifications?
April 22, 2015 10:02PM
The ultimaker 2 will be your best bet, Lulzbot Taz as second option. Both little over the 2000 range though.
Re: First printer for my specifications?
April 23, 2015 04:46PM
I was going to suggest the Lulzbot as well, didn't think about the Ultimaker. Another option might be a Rostock Max or Orion delta printer from SeeMeCNC.

However, I am not sure the desktop industry has progressed to the point of simple prototyping. The PrintrBot Metal is actually on my list of first time printers. So if you are not getting the results you want with it, I don't think any of the alternatives would prove any better. For instance, Lulzbot should work out of the box, but I saw someone have issues printing InMoov parts on their forums.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login