Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Designing my own Supports

Posted by The3rdIcon 
Designing my own Supports
April 28, 2015 09:14PM
So I'm designing a 4 way cross for a PVC tent. I have that part in openscad and that is where I'm designing the support as well. No matter how I design the support i still get spagetti under the 90 hangover and the cylinder gets warped. When I did try to design my own support they would come off the build plate before I got to the 144th layer where the bridge starts. If anyone knows where online I can host the stl file so other can view it please let me know. This will really help since I'm sure my description will only get you half way there with what I'm talking about.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to approach solving this problem? Should I be using the g code to help me solve this problem or is there a simpler way to resolve this?

If you need more information please let me know what you need as this has been bothering me alot since I have waste 6 or 7 prints so far on trying to get this print right.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
Re: Designing my own Supports
April 28, 2015 10:29PM
load it to thingiverse or take a picture of it when you have it open then post it to photobucket and share the link here
Re: Designing my own Supports
April 30, 2015 04:15PM
What's the wall thickness of the support you are creating? And what shape are you using for it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login