Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Suwell S-360-12 Power Supply Question

Posted by 3D-IsMe 
Suwell S-360-12 Power Supply Question
May 25, 2015 07:38AM
Can someone tell me whether the three negative output terminals of 12 Volt DC outputs of the Suwell S-360-12 power supply have a common connection?

This is important for me to know, and I have not been able to find this informaton elsewhere.
Re: Suwell S-360-12 Power Supply Question
May 25, 2015 08:11AM
You are building a 3D printer without a multimeter at hand? It comes handy several times during setup...

You could easily answer this questin with it.

-Olaf
May 25, 2015 02:25PM
o_lampe
You are building a 3D printer without a multimeter at hand? It comes handy several times during setup...

You could easily answer this questin with it.

-Olaf

Sure. I have a multimeter (two actually). Without an oscilloscope, I wasn't sure it would answer my question, though. They could be separate (float), and still measure no voltage between them.

Thanks. I did receive the answer elsewhere. The three sets of terminals are for convenience only. The positive set of three are interconnected, and likewise the negative.
May 25, 2015 02:28PM
Use your multimeter to measure the resistance between them, with the power off. You will find it is a small fraction of an ohm, because the -ve outputs of PSUs like that are always commoned. Similarly for the +ve outputs.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login