Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with cheap electronics

Posted by gcannone 
Help with cheap electronics
May 28, 2015 06:06AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to build my own reprap medel 3D printer and I was looking for electronics and stepper motors on ebay. I found something and I was wondering if I could get an opinion from reprappers.

[www.ebay.co.uk]

and what about these NEMA17

[www.ebay.co.uk]

or

[www.brushless-dc-motor.cn]

Thanks for helping.

Cheers,

G
Re: Help with cheap electronics
May 28, 2015 06:27AM
If you must use cheap electronics, that electronics package may be as good as any other. The stepper motor in the first link looks OK to me. In the second link, the 42HS40-1704A also looks OK. The 42HS34-1304A is a little less powerful but should be adequate in most designs - my Ormerod uses stepper motors with a very similar specification but slightly less torque.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 28, 2015 06:40AM
Hi dc42,

thanks for helping. This electronic seems to be good for starting. Honestly my only concern is about the stepper drivers. Basically, I wonder if the specification of the stepper drivers match the requirement of the NEMAs so to avoid to burn the NEMAs as well as to have them performing well.
May 28, 2015 07:56AM
gcannone
Hi dc42,

thanks for helping. This electronic seems to be good for starting. Honestly my only concern is about the stepper drivers. Basically, I wonder if the specification of the stepper drivers match the requirement of the NEMAs so to avoid to burn the NEMAs as well as to have them performing well.

The stepper drivers match the 42HS34-1304A quite well. They won't be able to drive the other stepper motors at full power, but it's unlikely that you need to use much more than half their rated current. You can always replace the stepper drivers, e.g. by these [www.think3dprint3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 29, 2015 08:20AM
Fantastic! Thanks a lot for helping.

Cheers,

G
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login