Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printer movement resolution

Posted by Ash-ta 
printer movement resolution
June 08, 2015 04:17PM
hello everybody

i am trying to make a delta 3d printer out of recycled parts

the printer uses 200 steps per revolution steppers at 1/2 step mode with xl belts (5mm pitch size) with 10 teeth pulleys

so the steps per mm for this setup will be 2*200=400 steps per revolution

and 5*10 =50 mm per revolution

this mean the steps per mm will be 400 /50 =8 steps per mm

so the resolution for each axis will be 0.125 mm and this is the minimum distance each axis can move

the problem is that i can't let my printer move 0.2 mm i am trying to use the 0.1 key in the host but what's happening is that i only can move 0.7 mm as minimum distance and that will happen only if i pressed the 0.1 button 7 times

so any body can tell me what is the problem please

sorry for my english
Re: printer movement resolution
June 09, 2015 12:57AM
With a delta, the motor axes only move roughly the same distance as the tool head if you're moving directly in Z. How far the motors move to move .1mm in X or Y will depend on where over the build platform the effector is at the given time as well as the machine geometry and the results of the latest bed auto-level, if you're using that. The electronics are doing far more complex math than they do for a Cartesian bot.

Even if it's not your problem, it would likely be good to use a lot more microstepping (or, failing that, change mechanics to get more resolution). My delta runs 80 steps/mm on 1/8 microstepping and I'd still go to 1/16 if my electronics would support it, for both noise and resolution reasons.
Re: printer movement resolution
June 09, 2015 01:25AM
Thanks for your help
So there is a place over the bed where the printer can't move less than a specific distance and to make it all the sam the printer limited the minimum movement to that distance in all places right??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login