Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Purge and Wipe Station

Posted by TFinleyosu 
Purge and Wipe Station
June 26, 2015 10:55AM
So the industrial 3D printer (original thread) that I'm rebuilding has a purge and wipe station and I need to make a decision if I'm going to use it or not. I'd like to, but to do so it sets some nozzle height restrictions because the wipe station is at a semi-fixed height. I think the printer used it every time it switched between the two printer head (support material and structure material). Since I am only going to be using one print head (hopefully the E3DV6), I don't think I'm going to need the purge station. Yes, it would be nice not to have to purge and wipe before each print, but it would simplify things if I didn't have the height restrictions. IF the wipe station was functional, would it be a waste of time/effort to try to purge and wipe between each layer to eliminate whisp, or whatever you call them? Would that even be possible?

The old hot end was 49mm long and the E3D-V6 is 63mm long, so there would be some significant interference if I didn't redesign the extruder carriage and or move to a Bowden Extruder Design.

Here are some pictures of the 3D printer when it was functional:

Re: Purge and Wipe Station
June 26, 2015 11:02AM
ThereĀ“s no need to wipe between each layer. Filament either sticks were it should, or you have set wrong parameters.
The only wipe station I have is the 0,0,0 point. When the print starts, the nozzle wipes along the painter tape and cleans itself.
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login