Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing issues - E3D Premium - Flex-PolyEster (Shore 65D)

Posted by RGN01 
Printing issues - E3D Premium - Flex-PolyEster (Shore 65D)
July 09, 2015 12:10PM
Has anyone found the secret to printing successfully with E3D Premium - Flex-PolyEster (Shore 65D)?
E3D Premiun Flex-PolyEster

I have tried:
  • plain glass
  • hairspray on glass
  • kapton tape on glass
  • blue masking tape on glass
  • four different brands of glue stick (including UHU yellow - the E3D recommendation) on glass

Nothing sticks! I've tried everywhere from 75­ºC to 100°C bed temperature and a range of extruder temperatures from 200° to 255° in an effort to find the correct combination. All have delaminated from the surface while still doing the skirt (or shortly afterwards).

The printer prints PLA perfectly and ABS well. Bed height and level is good, the first layer is pressed down nicely.

Is there a secret to this stuff?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Richard
Re: Printing issues - E3D Premium - Flex-PolyEster (Shore 65D)
July 10, 2015 03:50AM
The e3d site recommends 100°C bed temp.
Did you try 110°C, too?. Especially printing on glass gives false temp readings. ( eg. the bed is at 100C, but glass surface is 90C only )
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2015 01:07AM by o_lampe.
July 10, 2015 06:46PM
Thank you, I will try that.

Richard
July 12, 2015 12:41PM
I've now tried 110°C bed temperature and up to 255°C nozzle temperature and no luck - it still lifts from the bed (glass with yellow UHU stick applied as directed by E3D). Photo shows the corner lifting as it starts the main item to be printed. It has done two perimeters only! I've tried printing fast and slow - this was slow, about 30mm/S

I think I'll be sending it back and asking for a refund.

I've confirmed the bed temperature with an IR thermometer and when set at 110° it is 110° at the centre and about 107° near the edges. That seems pretty good to me!

Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 12:48PM by RGN01.
Attachments:
open | download - Flex.jpg (211.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login