Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D printer starting to print a few layers above

Posted by Tondy 
3D printer starting to print a few layers above
August 13, 2015 02:58PM
Hello

I bought a Cherry pi Delta 3d printer some time ago. It worked fantastic for a while but suddenly stopped working jurking when you try to print, After talking to the supplier
he advised to calibrate it. I also purchased new hardware ramps at this point, I successfully calibrated it but the print now starts to print a few layers above the base.

Spec about the printer:

Delta cherry pi 3 printer
Arduino Mega
Ramps

Marlin firmware.

Looking forward to here from you.

Cheers.
Attachments:
open | download - Forum version.jpg (196.2 KB)
Re: 3D printer starting to print a few layers above
August 16, 2015 11:21AM
Hello

This is a more detailed explanation of the issue.

The first problems started when the print was not reaching the base properly, through trying to fix this problem we had to replace the hot end as this developed a permanent jam and so we decided to replace the arduino and ramps/easy driver boards to further locate & eradicate the problem.

We were advised to RE calibrate at first just changing the depth of the hot end using M666*** command we we did but this did not work.

We have since fully re calibrated the machine which has proven to work partially but the printer is not printing in the same mannor that it originally was.

Certain 3D models are not being printed at the base and instead a few mm's higher while other very small models in the region of 10mm squared have printed fine as they should.

Now on the day the printer broke the only abnormal thing which happened to it was when by accident the stepper was forcibly moved upwards while it was locked with power going to it. Soon after this while changing the spool over the problem developed.

We are at a loss with this problem as we have gone through what we can. We don't think the problem is in the steppers or power supply so what else is next?

We have been advised that it could be the software that we're using to slice but this doesn't make any sense as It wasn't new software which caused this problem as we've been using CURA, Repetier, Cura from within Repetier and on multiple different systems and all have the same problem. We had previously printed with the same version of Repitier V5/6 and Cura just over a 100 successful models so...

One thing I should mention is that we have been using the original designers calibrations settings and I am of the thinking to just start completely fresh flashing the Arduino and calibrate as if this was a brand new DIY printer build.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2015 12:12PM by Tondy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login