Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller 12864 LCD Setup

Posted by brad0315 
Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller 12864 LCD Setup
September 18, 2015 03:02AM
I'm having a time getting my full graphic LCD to work. It flashes a blank screen and beeps. I've loaded and ran 2 different versions of Arduino (1.5.6 and 1.6.6 Nightly). I've uncommented the discount full graphic....and installed the u8glib file into the Libraries. Still flashing and beeping. I've changed the cables around and even changed out the cables with different ones. My discount smart controller works fine when I uncomment it's line and flash Marlin. I feel as though it is with the firmware somewhere but can't find anything anywhere that works. I've got a Sunhokey 2015 I3 with an MKS Gen 2z v1.1 board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller 12864 LCD Setup
September 18, 2015 08:38AM
Some of the cheap Chinese knockoffs installed the connectors backwards. Make sure they are correct. If the backlight doesn't come on shortly after powering up, backward connectors could be the issue.
Re: Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller 12864 LCD Setup
September 18, 2015 12:59PM
Thanks ElmoC, I saw that later on after posting this and will try that. The company I bought from IS from China, but I've been doing a lot of business with them for several years and they usually sell pretty good quality stuff. They do, however, have a ton of clones and inexpensive items. Is what's recommended to file down down the tabs and just install backwards? Thanks for the reply and I'll post my results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login