Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 Motor issue

Posted by McDaniel88 
Ramps 1.4 Motor issue
September 27, 2015 05:38PM
Ok, I'm Fairly new to the 3D Printer scene. I purchased the QU BD One up and its print space was way too small for me so I decided to rebuild it and now I'm working with around a 9 inch x 9 inch print space. I also Decided to upgrade the print board to the Ramps 1.4 I've Finally got it to where I can control the temp, motors, and extruder heater but the motors will respond to 1mm commands for a short period after two or three 1mm moves in the manual control, the motors for all axis's get stuck. I can hear them trying to rotate but they do not move unless I assist them. what could be the problem here? I'm at a loss.
VDX
Re: Ramps 1.4 Motor issue
September 27, 2015 07:06PM
... enough current set? ... drivers overheating?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 27, 2015 07:14PM
not sure about the current setting. how do I go about changing that? the drivers themselves are fine I have a fan going constantly and they are cool to the touch it hasn't been running long enough to create too much heat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 07:15PM by McDaniel88.
September 27, 2015 08:49PM
I got it! thanks man I just never set the potentiometers on the drivers so you were correct on the voltage output Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login