Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin/Reprap Prusa I3 usage without mechanical endstops?

Posted by sonicd007 
Marlin/Reprap Prusa I3 usage without mechanical endstops?
October 10, 2015 03:53PM
Hi, I recently built my rep rap prusa i3 but the end stop mounts that came with it broke on me. Is there any way I can just manually set the home position using the printrun software? If so, how do I go about doing this and are there any firmware changes I would need to make? Would the home position stay in memory for each print while the machine remains on or would I need to set it for every single print?

I want to use the mechanical endstops but I'd like to print out the clamp pieces in order to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated...(Been trying to get this thing working for a long time)
Re: Marlin/Reprap Prusa I3 usage without mechanical endstops?
October 10, 2015 04:00PM
Set all axis where you want home to be and run G92 X0 Y0 Z0 command and it will set all axis to 0 or leave out which axis you don't want set. You will need to remove the G28 Home command from your startup GCode in your Slicer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2015 04:03PM by madmike8.
October 10, 2015 08:16PM
I run my current printer without endstops since my first one (QU-BD Two-Up) didn't have them and I've gotten used to it. I put a G92 X0 Y0 Z0 in the start g-code and manually jog it to where I want it to start printing. Unless you set your motors to never turn off after a set idle period, you'll have to manually move the nozzle and bed to the home position each time you start a new print.

In Marlin's configuration.h you should be able to uncomment statements disabling max and min endstops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2015 08:16PM by AlexY.
October 17, 2015 06:21PM
Thats interesting but why not just fix the endstop mounts. Use that method to print them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login