Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extrude only with no moves g-code?

Posted by Bill Clark 
extrude only with no moves g-code?
October 30, 2015 12:35AM
I would like to extrude filament while the extruder is stationery and have some control over the rate using the SMART LCD CONTROLLER XXL Fr% on my machine. the way I am understanding it now, the extruding rate/speed is a function of the amount of filament for given distance and travel speed so there appears to be no direct control, via g-code commands, over how fast the stepper is spinning. I have brought the hotend up to temp, activated the extruder through the "Move axis" function on the lcd controller but the feed rate (Fr) % adjustment has no effect, that and there is a limit before it stops extruding. I would like to extrude for a significant amount of time and tweak the rate.any ideas?
Re: extrude only with no moves g-code?
October 30, 2015 04:52AM
how about just unplugging your x,y and z stepper then hit print?

You can the a also lie to the printer, set the x and y to 9999mm, and set the max fed rate for x and y really sow. then you can just 'print' a line from x 0 to x9999 or other movement as needed. This will print slowly seemingly for ever.
VDX
October 30, 2015 07:38AM
... you can run the extruder only in Pronterface or Repetier with the manual buttons ... and adjust the steps per mm settings too ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 31, 2015 02:16AM
Awesome, thanks for the input gentlemen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login