Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend Heat Break?

Posted by MegaRocketPenguin 
Hotend Heat Break?
November 26, 2015 04:28PM
I have a friend who owns a Makerbot Replicator 2.
Due to the excessive temps Makerbot demands you print at, along with a few user errors, the PTFE heat break has crapped out, and causes severe jamming.
Question is, where do you buy one of these things?! I find places for the aluminum block, the heating element, nozzle, the whole setup, BUT the PTFE heat break.
Where is the most legit source of buying one? I see the ones for E3D have the top threads removed, but this won't work for the Makerbot due to the two nuts it has on it in order to clamp it to the large heatsink block.

On a semi different note, has anyone successfully mounted an E3D onto a Makerbot? He wouldn't mind an E3D all metal hotend, but the thing is, I haven't found a legit way of mounting it! I was thinking perhaps a few bolts and nuts, and just rigging it up? Would that even be stable?

Anyway, thanks!

PS, Oh, and what would a good source be for hotends that are compatible with the Makerbot Rep 2 hotend?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 04:47PM by MegaRocketPenguin.
Re: Hotend Heat Break?
November 27, 2015 10:04AM
I bought replacement PTFE heat breaks on ebay. There are quite a few sellers there of various designs. Not all shipping from the US of course but I was able to find a number of sellers for the design I needed that did.
November 27, 2015 10:06AM
Any legit sellers?
November 27, 2015 10:19AM
I haven't had any issues with any sellers of 3d printing parts on Ebay and wouldn't hesitate buying from anyone with a reasonable rating. It turns out that I ended up buying mine from a seller in China (I ordered them to have them just in case):

[www.ebay.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login