Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wifi conecting?

Posted by munchit1 
wifi conecting?
January 06, 2016 07:46AM
hi all, sorry if its the rong section but..

is it yet posable to just plug a wifi int a 3d printer?

(i dont mean buy a read made with the added feature though..literally, buy a wifi and conect it up?)
Re: wifi conecting?
January 06, 2016 10:04AM
If you have Duet electronics, then yes. You connect the Ethernet port to a TPLink WR710N or similar WiFi to Ethernet bridge.

There is also a thread on the Developers section on how to connect RADDS or Duet electronics to WiFi using a low-cost ESP8266 module.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 04:12PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2016 02:27PM
thank you dc42 i'll have a ganders there.
January 06, 2016 07:18PM
Most use a raspberry pi running octoprint as a printer server. This can be wifi or cabled, your choice... (printer is still connected to usb)
January 07, 2016 06:37AM
the idia was to isolate the printer to save killing any ports.
January 07, 2016 07:06AM
I presume you are referring to the risk of killing USB ports due to transients on the ground loop you get when you connect a printer and a PC via USB. Wired ethernet is another good solution, because it provides galvanic isolation, unlike USB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 07:59AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 07, 2016 07:51AM
dc42
I presume you are referring to the risk of killing USB ports due to transients on the ground loop[ you get when you connect a printer and a PC via USB. Wired ethernet is another good solution, because it provides galvanic isolation, unlike USB.

ahhhh, thats good to know tyty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login