Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion problems

Posted by ollyreprap 
Extrusion problems
February 24, 2016 05:19PM
*i've posted this here if it is better suited in a different category please say and i'll move it*

Lately i have been having a huge amount of problems on my Delta specifically to do with extrusion.
After weeks of work, movement, calibration etc is all perfect however printing well still evades me.
When i first started due to placement of the bowden extruder and height of the printer i was using a bowden tube of approximately 800mm length which was ridiculous and caused a huge amount of trouble with hysteresis. I did manage to print, however they were weak and often appeared to show signs of under extrusion. I could tell also as when i put my fingers on the filament i could feel it slip back every so often.
To remedy this problem i built a flying extruder which greatly reduces the amount of bowden tube required and now uses approximately 150mm or less. However for some reason the problems appear to have got worse. Now the filament is constantly slipping and prints wont stick at all, which for the buildtak surface i'm using is very odd and uncommon. I feel all the problems currently are due to under extrusion. i cant tell visually as i don't know what a 0.4mm nozzle should look like but i definitely feel the filament constantly slipping in the extruder.

With the bowden out of the question the only two problems it could be is the extruder or hotend. I'm honestly not sure which. I have hardly been using the extruder or hotend so i doubt the teeth on the bobbed bolt are clogged up with filament already and visually it doesn't look too bad. The only other thing i can think of is the hotend getting blocked.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm using a e3d chimera which also seems to make more problems.

i'd love to hear from anyone who has had similar problems especially with the chimera.

Thanks for your time and sorry about the long post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login