Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software regarding bresenhams line drawing algorithm

Posted by Jijo61803 
Software regarding bresenhams line drawing algorithm
March 02, 2016 09:43AM
Does anyone know where bresenhams line drawing algorithm is implemented in the Marlin firmware file ?? In which cpp files does the code is found?
Re: Software regarding bresenhams line drawing algorithm
March 03, 2016 11:58AM
In Teacup firmware it's in dda.c. Movement preparation in dda_create(), movement start in dda_start(), per step operations in dda_step() and movement maintenance (acceleration!) in dda_clock().

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

VDX
March 03, 2016 03:35PM
... in Marlin4Due it's in "stepper.cpp" - should be the same for Marlin ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 10, 2016 01:20PM
Sir,I am a student who is working on improving the algorithm used in it. Since the program is very large I couldn't find the bresenhams algorithm implemented in the stepper.cpp file. Could u please specify the line number or the function in which it is being implemented.

Thank you
March 10, 2016 02:28PM
Btw there are already 3D printer firmwares that use algorithms that are more suitable than Bresenham for this application.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 10, 2016 09:21PM
Thank you for the feedback, sir can you please site a couple of them for reference.
What we are trying is to implement an algorithm which we have came across along with certain modifications.
March 10, 2016 09:29PM
Well, I pointed you to Teacup firmware already. It's well known for its readable code and has a mechanism to allow distinct movement algorithms already (ACCELERATION_REPRAP, ACCELERATION_RAMPING, ACCELERATION_TEMPORAL). If you insist on going with another firmware it's your choice.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 11, 2016 03:49AM
The step time calculation in RepRapFirmware is done in functions CalculateStepTimeCartesian and CalculateStepTimeDelta, in file [github.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login