Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Azteeg X1 bootloader

Posted by Zalognik 
Azteeg X1 bootloader
April 05, 2016 03:30AM
Good day to everyone.
I have a problem with my Azteeg X1.
Arduino 0023 have no USBasp programmer in it's list, but it is only one i have for now.
Is it posible to add rogrammer or use some kind of patch on older versions of arduino to burn Sanguino patch to atmega1284p?
Thank you.
Re: Azteeg X1 bootloader
April 05, 2016 05:40AM
It just in the text file programmers.txt

add

usbasp.name=USBasp
usbasp.communication=usb
usbasp.protocol=usbasp

Make sure you restart the IDE to reload the edited text file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2016 06:08AM by Dust.
April 05, 2016 03:45PM
Thank you for quick reply.
When I try flash bootloader to atmega1284p using usbasp I get:
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0x3f != 0x0f
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Is there something i can do?
April 05, 2016 04:42PM
Is it posible that USBasp is to week to flash atmega1284p? This chip is not in the list of usbasp.
April 05, 2016 05:56PM
The internet says yes its fine, but also warns that some have a 3.3v/5v jumper that is backwards (says 5v when its 3.3v etc)

You may need to update the firmware in your USBasp

Personally I would drop the arduino IDE and just use avrdude from the command line, it give you much more control and you can see what its doing.

eg

avrdude -B 5 -C ..\etc\avrdude.conf -c usbasp -p m1284p -U flash:w:bootloader.hex -v -D

I found that I needed to add in delays with the -B options as modern machines are just to darn fast. 5 worked for my machine

NB when using avrdude it only does what you tell it to, ie the above only installs the bootloader, it doesn't set the fuses, thats

eg avrdude -B 5 -p m1284p -c usbasp -U lfuse:w:0xd6:m -U hfuse:w:0xdc:m -U efuse:w:0xfd:m -C avrdude.conf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login