Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to configure delta printer

Posted by rizulthkr 
how to configure delta printer
April 14, 2016 01:49AM
I replaced the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h from the example_configuration folder, the stepper motors are moving but i am unable to make the endstops work.
I have tried all combination for endstops but still i am unable to make it work.. please help,
Re: how to configure delta printer
April 14, 2016 08:59AM
What type of endstop are you using? Are they wired for normally closed or normally open operation - (if they are simple mechanical microswitches, NC is the two outside terminals, NO will have the middle terminal and one of the outside terminals connected).

In Marlin your endstop logic should be false for NC and true for NO. I am referring to Marlin version 1.1.0 rc3, the config files have changed a little in these latest versions.

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

If using simple microswitches you have to enable pullup resistors to provide 5v when the endstop is normally closed, it will drain to ground when the endstop is triggered and switch to 0v. This is the safest way to wire them, if they fail or a wire/solder joint breaks then the endstop triggers and the axis stops. This isn't always a perfect solution on a Delta as the other two axes keep moving but hopefully it alerts you to a failed endstop. In a perfect world you always test your endstops at the start of a printing session...

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
  // fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 09:00AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login