Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Painting or vinyl on aluminum under glass heatbed

Posted by Wadzofquadz 
Painting or vinyl on aluminum under glass heatbed
April 16, 2016 04:35AM
I wanted to paint or apply some sort of film under the glass heatbed on the aluminum heat spreader just like how the robo R1 heated bed is. Im not sure what robo used to put the graphics on the glass . Any ideas? I would rather it be black or something then bare aluminum.
Re: Painting or vinyl on aluminum under glass heatbed
April 16, 2016 04:09PM
Wadzofquadz
I wanted to paint or apply some sort of film under the glass heatbed on the aluminum heat spreader just like how the robo R1 heated bed is. Im not sure what robo used to put the graphics on the glass . Any ideas? I would rather it be black or something then bare aluminum.

I painted my aluminium bed plate using spray-on matt black barbecue/stove paint, then cured the paint by heating it to 170C for a couple of hours. You can see what it looks like at [www.youtube.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
April 16, 2016 04:50PM
... for another project I've used normal mirrors and laser-engraved the dark grey paint from behind, what evaporates the silver under the paint too.

This was for back-lighted "image-in-the-mirror", but is good for black graphics in the silver too winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 16, 2016 10:40PM
good ideas . Do you think 3m vinyl film would be ok with the heat. Seems to hold up well on cars where hoods can get super hot from the motor and sun baking on it. I wanted to sand blast a design in the polished aluminum and have a transparent colored film over it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login