Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end temperature wrong?

Posted by MrJimmy1234 
Hot end temperature wrong?
May 11, 2016 12:19PM
Hi guys, hope you can help me with my problem, I have a Marlin printer and after building and calibrating everything works perfectly except for the hot end temperature. The hot end heats up incredibly fast, too fast. Pronterface believes the hot end is at 240 degrees (for ABS) but using a thermocouple I bought (which I've tested so I know that's accurate) only reads around 70 degrees. Is this some problem with the software which can just be changed in a file somewhere, or have I just missed an obvious error on the right? Any suggestions would be appreciated. smiling smiley Unfortunately I can't upload a picture of my thermocouple monitor because it's file size is too large but it says 69 degress
Attachments:
open | download - Pronterface (1).PNG (268.9 KB)
Re: Hot end temperature wrong?
May 12, 2016 01:21AM
It sounds like you have the wrong thermistor selected in Configuration.h
More details of your hotend/printer might help.

Geoff
Geeveston, Tasmania
May 13, 2016 09:15AM
I must be missing something fundamental here, I've heard other people talking about that file but its not in the folder I downloaded from the Reprap website? Is there something else I should have downloaded with this folder?
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (318.3 KB)
May 13, 2016 10:51AM
Pronterface is the software you use to interface with the printer.
Config.h belongs to the Marlin firmware that is used on the controller board of the printer itself.
The manufacturer of your printer should have provided you with the version of Marlin installed on your machine.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login