Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What did I buy?

Posted by PStew67 
What did I buy?
July 13, 2016 03:45PM
I bought a 3d printer kit on ebay that was supposed to be a Printbot 1405, but I'm pretty sure its not. Here's what I know about it;

The kit contains
- an ANET v1.0 board
- a MK2B heatbed
- an unmarked LCD panel with buttons in a "+" pattern
- 2 course threaded rods, 2 finer threaded rods, and 1 finer threaded shorter rod
- The extruder is attached to the hotend using a chunk of U shaped metal

I've also attached a picture of the acrylic frame.

Can someone identify it for me please so I can find build instructions?

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - 20160713_142023.jpg (24.2 KB)
Re: What did I buy?
July 13, 2016 04:04PM
It vaguely resembles the acrylic pieces in some of the Prusa i3 kits on eBay. Which the coarse threaded rods would be support underneath the Y axis, with the fine rods for movement. But that is just a stab in the dark only based on your picture and threaded rod comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2016 04:04PM by PDBeal.
July 13, 2016 04:19PM
That does look alot like what I have, any idea where I could find build instructions for that?
July 13, 2016 04:40PM
Not sure, If it is a Prusa i3 kit, then I'd have to assume you have an Alunar 3D Desktop Printer Prusa i3 kit. And there seem to be a lot of build videos on Youtube for it if you search for "Alunar 3D Desktop Printer Prusa i3 "
July 13, 2016 05:27PM
If it is not what was advertised, I would send it back on the sellers dime. Who knows if all the pieces are there and even if all the pieces are for the same printer. If the seller was willing to falsely claim what it was they were selling, I wouldn't put it pass them to just b selling random parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login