Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EZshare wifi sd card

Posted by DjDemonD 
EZshare wifi sd card
September 09, 2016 04:32PM
So I've tried one of these so see if it might make an even easier wifi printer than Octoprint (which I love and works well, but I want to use some Raspberry Pi's for other projects).

Ezshare wifi micro sd adaptor does not work. There is no facility to upload files to it by wifi, apparently that's a security issue.

But it does function with wifi when attached to a reprap discount lcd unit (I've read somewhere these cards don't work due to the way Marlin accesses the memory card), so if someone knows how to hack it, then wifi printing for £11 is possible but until then its not very useful for printing.

The wifi works but the printer cannot read the SD, so totally useless for printing.

Just hoped to save someone the effort of buying one and finding it has no application presently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 02:56AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: EZshare wifi sd card
September 09, 2016 07:50PM
wow, was looking at getting some of these for the printer lab I run at my college. Literally had them on a list of supplies that are being purchased monday...
thanks man, though i hope someone can make this work but i bet it needs special drivers that the arduino cant handle

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
September 10, 2016 01:55AM
Its not that its the ezshare software/web interface there is no upload facility. They only imagine this card to be used to get photos/videos off your camera, not send anything back to the card.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
September 10, 2016 04:58AM
Did you try using PuTTy or the like?
September 10, 2016 05:20AM
Just had a brief try I do not think these cards can accept files by any means over wifi for security reasons. It refused connection on any protocol.

I do think you might get further with EyeFi but they are much more expensive than raspberry pi.

Flashair looks promising but I had one a while back sold it on as I could not get it to work in infrastructure mode.

Simon Khoury

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login