Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Canadian part suppliers for Folger FT5 Clone? (possibly wrong place to post?)

Posted by Hephaestus0000 
Canadian part suppliers for Folger FT5 Clone? (possibly wrong place to post?)
December 04, 2016 04:15PM
I finally have some time to myself.

Before anyone asks, at the current Canadian dollar the FT5 comes to approx $1000 CAD after conversion, shipping, taxes, and border/custom fees. No Folgerturd product is worth $1000CAD. I'd rather build my own with better parts for $1000CAD or a folgerturd quality equivalent for less.

I like the design (I'm sure there are better) of the FT5 and I'm having difficulties finding Canadian suppliers for things like chrome rod, ball screws/nuts, rails and sliders, and the most difficult seems to be finding a 12''x 12'' or 16"x 16" heated bed.
I want to step away from my Flex3drive and crappy folgertech printer and build something more robust and bigger than 8"x 8".

Does anyone know where I can find such hardware?
In Canada.... Not the US. Not the UK. Not anywhere else. Just Canada.
Re: Canadian part suppliers for Folger FT5 Clone? (possibly wrong place to post?)
December 04, 2016 10:42PM
Folger Tech FT-5 Large Scale 3D Printer Kit
$ 499.00 USD $666 CAD extra 333 to just say "aye"

Only Canada ? WTF?
Now a days the world is market

Good luck sourcing and building something as good as FT-5 esp Canada only parts?

Make up a BOM --- start web surf --- soon you will have $5000 worth of parts
that may not work together.
Then 500 hours of Design, CAD --- another 1000 hours building
---- wow wish I would have ordered a FolgerTurd FT-5

Call it a Folgerturd --- not going to get much help

best Folgertech forum

[www.folgerforum.com]

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

[www.reddit.com]

confused smiley
Thanks for being an asshat and zero help.

If I wanted to source parts from all over the world and pay border and customs fees on every little piece that would defeat the purpose...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2016 02:40AM by Hephaestus0000.
Re: Canadian part suppliers for Folger FT5 Clone? (possibly wrong place to post?)
December 06, 2016 06:28AM
Im from canada and I build a custom design printer and will build another batch soon and there just no way you will source everything here, and if you do you will pay 2 or even 3 time the price for some parts not easy available here.

Here a small example you cant get chinese mgn rail here but the real hiwin rail and they cost 10 time..

You have to source in other country a least USA or China , often the price of china stuff + custom+ shipping is still under what you will pay here ( if you find a similar part, and thats gonna be hard)

The biggest part of every printer is the extrusion and that you can find in canada, I even find one close to my city with more than OK price. the metric screw you can get them at fastenal but they more pricey than china import screw but you have a huge selection.

The rest you import

You wont get a 100$ custom fee for a 300$ package often is about 25-35$ for that kind of price range, Always use USPS if you order in USA ( not Fedex, not UPS) maybe that why you so anti custom you got burn by those, USPS give package to Poste Canada and they charge you 10$ to get the item to custom and the rest is the tax. Often china stuff go to poste canada too unless you specified a courrier so the custom is reasonable. Last time I use courrier DNL from china and the custom was pretty low if you compare to UPS or Fedex.

Here one of my favorite chinese vendor and I never got burn in custom with them, robotdigg,com the quality and price are great and they have a huge selection of everything, so no need to get multiple package from lot of vendor, you save in shipping and custom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login