Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepStrap, ScrapRap, RepScrap...

Posted by jasejasemonkeyface 
RepStrap, ScrapRap, RepScrap...
February 07, 2019 10:41AM
I'm collecting old 2d printers in efforts to collect enough parts/rails for the mechanics of a 3d printer. Basically, a reprap out of ewaste.

I've seen similar projects under names of repstrap, repscrap, and scraprap. Is there any repository or website or forum that focuses specifically on this type of printer?
I've only seen them sparsely in my research, and they are usually terribly documented, often focusing on the print instead of the printer.

My printer will be controlled via arduino or blue-pill.
I will be referencing heavily the one well-documented project I found by Michele Lizzit: [lizzit.it]
I am confident in my ability to do this project; I am not completely new at this.

Any direction or info would be greatly appreciated.
VDX
Re: RepStrap, ScrapRap, RepScrap...
February 07, 2019 12:21PM
... as they mostly are "one off", the documentation is more based on personal motivation cool smiley

Another name for this type of 3D-printers is "boot-strap" in general -- and the documented "WolfStrap" - the wooden booststrap of Wolfgang (user "Stoffel15") winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login