Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BCD3D Sigma

Posted by fumo 
BCD3D Sigma
August 25, 2023 06:05AM
Hi folks,
the other day I got hold of a rarely used BCN3D Sigma. The owner had discarded it due to 2 issues:

(1) The glass print bed is offset from the heated bed by approx. 1mm air gap. This leads to inacceptable long heatup times, usually more than 20mins. I thought of using a Buildtak Set (https://www.buildtak.com/collections/buildtak-products/products/complete-buildtak-flexplate-system, 73$). DOes anyone have a better suggestion or even experience?

(2) The heatbed has a size of 8.5"x12" (Portrait orientation). It is fixed at three points, exactly at top center and at bottom left and right. While the bed is stable at the bottom, it tends to tilt to the left or right side at the top end. ANy idea to solve this issue? My only idea is a harder spring, but I doubt if that really solves the problem.

Generally, the Sigma is a solid made printer, and I'd like very much to reactivate ist. I'm happy for any helpful hint!
Fumo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2023 06:06AM by fumo.
Re: BCD3D Sigma
August 26, 2023 05:38AM
For a thread like this we need pictures.

Why is there a 1mm air gap? Is the bed just not flat? If this is the issue is the bed warped or the glass warped? Maybe take a straight edge to it and see?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login