Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3DStuffmaker Prusa Gen6 controller - worth getting bootloader or better to replace it?

Posted by TooManyToys 
Guys changed my nozzle, buda style hotend 1.2 getting like 80-100mm's infill speed... running 100 times better than b4, now i have another hiccup

ironed every issue....

Holy crap, its going so fast, i am so happy with these results
With out 3dstuffmakers support, i would of given up on 3d printing.

Thank you guys, im loving my printer and im going to get a second one now!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2013 02:15AM by nechaus.
Good news, congratulation Nechaus smiling smiley.

I also have a buda style hotend for the second printer I'm making. Great to read it is working fine.
Did you also recieved two wood replacement parts with it ?

Welcome in personnal 3D printing then winking smiley.
Thank you
yes i did, it was a very good quality made nozzle, im super impressed, it came from learcnc..

the print quality is just incredible now, extruding so amazingly, im super happy, now to buy a heap of filament again smiling smiley
How did you modify x carriage to install this hotend ?
I'm thinking about replacing my J-head by this one smiling smiley.
Hi Guys,

We have 3DStuffmaker's Mega Prusa which we purchased a few months ago. As we are wanting to print in Polycarbonate, we installed the Prusa Nozzle, and as a result had to change some settings in the firmware. We then ran into the no bootloader problem, and found this thread which has helped us to install a bootloader with a USBTinyISP and a new version of the Marlin Firmware.
We are just having some troubles with figuring out the settings for the firmware. I have asked 3Dstuffmaker for a copy of the original Configuration.h file to refer to, but at this stage have only received a compiled version of the firmware. Would anyone happen to have a copy of the original configuration file, or a config file that is working?
We have managed to get the Y and Z axis configured correctly, but the X axis is not responding at all. I am hoping this has to do with the firmware configuration. It was working fine before the firmware change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
They sent me new firmware for 300c max temp settings, new firmware for pronterface .

You should maybe contact them over skype
Couby,

I would be interested in your marlin configuration.h file for the 3DSM's gen6 board. (not sure if you have it). I just flashed that POS gen6 that came with my 3DSM board but I am getting some REALLY weird readings and all of my Axis's will no longer jog manually with pronterface. Also, my extruder head is reading 477c when I connect (this is before I start the heater). Once I saw all of these problems, I powered down the machine. Basically, I need to re-evaluate how I am doing this. I don't like their controller because you can't customize it. None of the prints are accurate to size from 3DSM.

I have the Evolution and I blogged what I have been doing over the past few days... Here is what I have so far. [will.thebytes.net]

Thanks bro.

Will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login