Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

something is stuck in my extruder

Posted by pretty 
something is stuck in my extruder
October 08, 2013 04:09AM
Hay guys,

I have a problem in my reprap. Especially in my extruder. My PLA cannot go out from my extruder. Previously, It worked in temperature of PLA 185C. And motor for PLA cannot move when to get new filamen (PLA). I think there is something in my extruder, that makes stuck. I need something your help to explain how I to fix the extruder. Because I cannot foud how to disassemble the extruder.
I hope you can explain to me. Because I am frustration with my final exam.
Thank you.

Pretty
Re: something is stuck in my extruder
October 08, 2013 05:10AM
Without knowing what exact extruder you have it will be hard for anyone to help you. Do you have any photos?
October 10, 2013 07:08PM
Easiest solution, since you don't know how to disassemble the extruder, is to buy a new one. I know it's not the best idea, but it will certainly work.

Once you have the second extruder, you can take a little more risk with the old extruder, and learn how to fix these kind of problems in the future.
October 10, 2013 08:08PM
oops F for that final because you don't know your machine!

Well it's like if you got something plugging up your toilet?
If you can't get it going got to get a plumber?
or
You can back out the filament
Heat up the extruder hot ~220 C
push a ~ 1.75 / 3 mm rod down in the extruder
pump out the crap.

If that doesn't work Take the nozzle out and try to clean it out
A piece steel guitar string will work

Take pictures --- take it apart post pix -- get help -- fix things

If you can't do that take it to 3D printer repair shop
or
call a plumber or handyman to do it.

winking smiley
October 12, 2013 02:33AM
If you heat up the nozzle to the usual printing temperature while its full of plastic then shut down the heater, after about 30 seconds pull out the filament. If you are lucky, the filament will be really sticky and pull out the blockage too. Then cut the end off the filament and put it back in. If it doesnt work and the plastic is too soft, put it back in and try again at a lower temperature. Thats how i unblock my extruder nozzle.
Mike
October 12, 2013 08:47PM
even take it up to 230 240, only for a short time, try hand feed it through, if its to hard, set temp to 80 c, walk away, come back 5 mins later, if its 80c, pull the filament out slowly, hopefully it will pull out any crap to, you can repeat this process a couple of times to make sure its clean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 08:48PM by nechaus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login