Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why are the printed parts kits not selling these days?

Posted by Dark Alchemist 
Re: Why are the printed parts kits not selling these days?
October 25, 2013 05:40AM
Dark Alchemist
How? I am used to phpBB

1. Volunteer.
2. Get used to what exists or develop a script to change the software and demonstrate how it works.

MeMadMax
Heck, I'll fix the i3 wiki if I'm allowed.

Yes, go ahead! No need to ask.

jzatopa
I don't understand why it hasn't happened yet.

It's much more comfortable to point fingers than to do actual work? Shop owners want to develop their shop and don't care about the community?

NormandC
I'm puzzled as to why "Phorum" was chosen.

This decision was done about 8 years ago when phpBB was well known to be a bug ridden security hole and phpBB3 took another two years to it's first release.

That said, I've administred both, if both only briefly. Phorum is coded pretty smart and lean, phpBB3 is quite a bit more complex. phpBBs' admin panel is three times as big as Phorums'. That's why Phorum is still a reasonable choice: no clutter, easy to maintain and good performance.

DaveS
Whats wrong with the forum ?

A good looking skin is missing.

I really thought technically oriented people could distinguish between an engine and its clothes. Oh well.

Looks like there are few more debates ahead until somebody comes around and starts photoshopping a pretty phorum. Once the image exists, it can be translated into partial images, HTML and CSS. No rocket science these days.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 25, 2013 07:08AM
Traumflug
Looks like there are few more debates ahead until somebody comes around and starts photoshopping a pretty phorum. Once the image exists, it can be translated into partial images, HTML and CSS. No rocket science these days.
Yet, we will still be stuck with a dung cake. No matter how much icing you use on a dung cake it is still a pile of steamy dung. Like putting lipstick on a pig and unless you are drunk you will know it is a pig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 07:08AM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
October 25, 2013 02:26PM
I have no issues with Phorum and could not care less about the quoting. In fact all the people that actually have machines and get or give help don't seem to be complaining either, just those that only post in the general or reprappers section where they post about things that do not belong in those sections. I have never read a single complaint about the forum software in any of the sections where RepRap related help is given (the technical forum sections). Personally I think the General and RepRappers sections should be closed to all new posts and archived. Then maybe people will be a little less lazy and scroll down to find the correct section to post in. I don't think more then 0.001% of the posts in the RepRappers section has anything to do with people (RepRappers), almost all the posts are machine related and belong in another section of the forum (not general either).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 25, 2013 02:50PM
Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no issues with Phorum and could not care
> less about the quoting. In fact all the people
> that actually have machines and get or give help
> don't seem to be complaining either, just those
> that only post in the general or reprappers
> section where they post about things that do not
> belong in those sections. I have never read a
> single complaint about the forum software in any
> of the sections where RepRap related help is given
> (the technical forum sections). Personally I think
> the General and RepRappers sections should be
> closed to all new posts and archived. Then maybe
> people will be a little less lazy and scroll down
> to find the correct section to post in. I don't
> think more then 0.001% of the posts in the
> RepRappers section has anything to do with people
> (RepRappers), almost all the posts are machine
> related and belong in another section of the forum
> (not general either).

Your opinion and we know what that is worth...just as much as mine. General is for general posts and this is a general post so it falls into your made up .001% stat.

I just love all of the old [bleep] that have their head so stuck in the sand and this is exactly what is killing this. You suck. No, not you personally but your whole mentality where if it works just go with it. We need forward thinkers who don't just go along to get along and have the capacity to see, and want, more. Stagnation is the ruination of many things.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
October 25, 2013 02:59PM
Dark Alchemist
You suck.
Says the guy who (as far as I know) hasn't even built a printer to the guy who designed his own printer, builds printers every day, and has a documented track record of excellent innovation and technical contributions to the community.

Seriously, Dark Alchemist, enough with the attacks.
October 25, 2013 03:05PM
MattMoses Wrote:
>
Dark Alchemist
> You suck.
>
> Says the guy who (as far as I know) hasn't even
> built a printer to the guy who designed his own
> printer, builds printers every day, and has a
> documented track record of excellent innovation
> and technical contributions to the community.
>
> Seriously, Dark Alchemist, enough with the
> attacks.

Quote me out of context you little [bleep]. Seriously, be forward thinking. I was a sysadmin so I see crap like this software and know it is so far behind times it stinks. When the current admin hasn't even done a simple task (it really is that simple on good forum software) to implement a proper quoting system that says a lot about the community. I don't give a darn how many printers someone builds what matters is this RepRap needs to improve its image and come out from the dark ages. Why do you think those 2k+ printers sale? They sale because RepRap printers have been, for the most part, an ugly feces that no sane modern consumer would want in their home. Maybe you like all of the drab, and down right ugly crap, that has anything to do with a RepRap but that is just backwards thinking.

Image man more than substance is what will propel this forward even though the substance would be under the hood.

Look at how lousy the connection is to the Wiki or these forums? We have been promised and promised a faster site but this edit took over 30 seconds to allow me to do it. Again, and people have complained about this, it just shows a really lousy image. All of these images are dung and that is all there is to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 03:09PM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
October 25, 2013 03:30PM
I concur with Sublime that General is being used for everything, while concuring with Dark Alchemist about this being a General subject -however, I reserve my opinion on almost everything else that Dark Alchemist says
Perhaps the solution would be to move this section to the end of the listings - and change it's name to General - for subjects that won't fit elsewhere

Mike
Anonymous User
October 25, 2013 10:05PM
I think the red sox are gonna take it all this year. But I think Cleveland's gonna come back strong next year. I think they should trade Cabrera for a decent closer though.

This obviously has nothing to do with repraps, so I thought i'd talk some b-ball.
October 26, 2013 03:13AM
Dark Alchemist.

You are having a far worse effect on people's perception of this place than the quoting system ever could.
This is because your language and personal attacks are now becoming unreasonable.

I am beginning to wonder if that is your intention, as it is beginning to appear it is. To discredit / destroy this board.
It's a shame that you wish to do this, and we can only wonder at why.

I hope the mods now close this thread.
October 26, 2013 04:13AM
DaveS Wrote:
> Dark Alchemist.
>
> You are having a far worse effect on people's
> perception of this place than the quoting system
> ever could.
> This is because your language and personal attacks
> are now becoming unreasonable.
>
> I am beginning to wonder if that is your
> intention, as it is beginning to appear it is. To
> discredit / destroy this board.
> It's a shame that you wish to do this, and we can
> only wonder at why.
>
> I hope the mods now close this thread.

I can only discredit that which deserves it and I have said what needs to be fixed but there are just too many apathetic people on here to give one darn. I am done as I have said what needs to be helped and why it needs to be helped and the Nimrods come out and give resistance to it. How in the hell can this place have so many anti technology types YET have been at the forefront of technology? I really expected more from so called hacker types than what is around here BUT, as I said, in 1991 this place would have been the height of technology not in 2013.

Basically the ones with the power to change what is needed will not around here so case closed and have a nice day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2013 04:15AM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.