Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

, How do i check my not working Generation 7 v1.5?

Posted by Jeehroen 
, How do i check my not working Generation 7 v1.5?
October 25, 2013 05:15PM
A very good day, i just finished constructing my Generation 7 Traumflug v1.5
Sadly when i'm checking if the electronics work (http://reprap.org/wiki/Gen7_Board-AVR_1.5#Power_Supply_Checks), the yellow led doesnt light up sad smiley
This is my board (http://imgur.com/C4M3wVL,GwKI9F5#0)
what is the easiest way to check what is wrong? checking the resistance of every bridge?
I thank you and my kind regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 05:16PM by Jeehroen.
Re: , How do i check my not working Generation 7 v1.5?
October 26, 2013 07:52AM
Nice work, @Jeehroen. I see lots of cold solder joints, though. I guess you have to rework about 90% of them and until then it's probably hopeless to search for single points of trouble.

I see many pins barely wetted with solder, much less with a connection to the copper track. Putting a blob of solder onto the tip of the wire is fruitless. The solder has to melt into the copper. It has to flow 2 or 3 millimetres on it. This takes at least 2 seconds, sometimes 4 or 5, there's no hurry to remove the soldering iron. Also, isolation milled boards like yours take a bit longer for each solder point than the etched ones with thin tracks.

In case it doesn't work satisfying on the first try, suck away the solder with a sucking pump or solder wick, wait a moment for cooling, re-clean the iron tip and try again. You can try as often as you want.

Another one is, leaded solder is much easier for beginners than lead-free one.

Ideally you'd find someone showing you how to do it. It isn't difficult once you found the "trick". Until then, here are a number of soldering tutorials: [makezine.com] , especially this one: [www.instructables.com]

BTW., the joints of the ATX24 header look mostly good!

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login