Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starting out

Posted by sam3321 
Starting out
August 02, 2010 06:56AM
Hi My name is Sam Woodward I am from England and I am interested in gettin started making my own reprap, I am looking for any tips or advice on getting started, what tools I will need, the best place to find quality parts that are going to give the best results, any tips in achieving a good quality end product. Litterally any help anyone can give will be greatly appeciated and hopefully if I can build one you will have another member of you community.
JSR
Re: Starting out
August 02, 2010 11:33AM
Hi Sam,

Welcome to the community, i reccommend reading the wiki thoroughly. It is also a good idea to look at people's blogs. I am also in the UK and have been building for a short while so you might find my Blog interesting. One thing to point out is that it might cost you more than you think, and be more difficult than you think. But don't let that put you off, I didn't!

RepRap Wiki

JSR RepRap Blog

JSR

[jsrreprap.blogspot.com]
Re: Starting out
August 02, 2010 12:25PM
Welcome aboard, Sam.

Here's our UK RepRap User Group.

Here's our recommended bootstrap machine: WolfStrap-English.

And here's the super-secret developer mailing list. It's not really for support-questions - but you'll want to lurk there until you're up to speed with your fellow RepRap Developers. smiling bouncing smiley Do give the wiki a good going-over (and editing); and if you have questions, the forums are here to help.

Cheers,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 12:30PM by SebastienBailard.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login