Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3d titan extruder

Posted by msaeger 
Re: E3d titan extruder
April 19, 2016 02:22AM
@Treito

I was using a bulldog lite clone in a bowden setup, for flex I was limited to 60 mm/s. The titan is cheaper than the bulldog.

I'll need to run some more prints, but so far, Ive had less stringing and a little more resolution.
It's also easier to feed in new filament than the bulldog.

I'll start pushing it, to see how it performs.
Anonymous User
April 19, 2016 10:42AM
- What force is the drive capable to hold, motor powered on. Does the filament get stripped or is the motor unable to hold. ?
- What force is the drive capable to hold before stripping with the motor shaft physically blocked ?
For PLA and for ABS.

Thanks.

PS: For D shaft, only use the grubscrew that engages the flat. It is enough. The other one will mar the shaft making it painful to remove the pulley. In case of a smooth shaft, no big deal, file or drill where the grub screw marks.
April 19, 2016 05:02PM
Phytone
@Treito

I was using a bulldog lite clone in a bowden setup, for flex I was limited to 60 mm/s. The titan is cheaper than the bulldog.

I'll need to run some more prints, but so far, Ive had less stringing and a little more resolution.
It's also easier to feed in new filament than the bulldog.

Did you have the geared stepper on the bulldog lite?

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
April 20, 2016 04:41PM
msaeger
Phytone

Did you have the geared stepper on the bulldog lite?

No geared stepper.
After a couple of days, it's working great. Looking at some of my prints, it's definitely a better print using the Titan. Can't say if it's just because I lost the Bowden, but good so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login