Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Show Off Your Work Bench!

Posted by MrJohn 
Re: Show Off Your Work Bench!
September 17, 2011 04:12AM
Ahhh... The tangle beast rears it's ugly head!

One of the first modifications that most people print is a simple filament spool holder. Combine it with the WHEEL.STL from the Yet another dispenser for filament spools and you have a simple, versatile and effective filament spool system.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: Show Off Your Work Bench!
September 18, 2011 05:26PM
It's been a real mess.

As of Friday night a friend of mine and I working together completely untangled the yellow filament and wrapped it around a 5 gallon bucket using an occasional piece of painters tape along the way to keep it in place. It took two very stiff drinks at the local Mexican restaurant, and an hour or so of finding knots.

I started printing someone else's design (I forget who) for a spool holder but another buddy of mine who is an expert with AutoCAD came over Saturday night and the two of us designed a spool holder from scratch based on the design I'd found on line. My buddy gave permission to me to share the stl files with anyone who wants a copy. This is primarily based on someone else's work though so they deserve a lot of the credit for the idea.

I've printed the hub and I'm currently printing three hooks. I have the mounting arm and the spokes left to print but don't think I'll have them done before bed tonight.

Tangled PLA is an amazing hell. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login