Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want a big inkjet/mill to print "Shop signs"

Posted by createfiile 
I want a big inkjet/mill to print "Shop signs"
June 02, 2011 09:19PM
I want a big inkjet which is able to print "Shop signs" (like attachment) with low cost ink ( or something like ink, I don't know much about)
How can I buy one? What kind of ink should I use?

Can anyone make one for me ?

Example, someone has built a repRap using steps from a broken printer, Anyone could help me on build a big inkjet with low cost?

You can just build small part, and I'll give me the design of big part that I can make locally with low cost.

How much money do you need on this?

feel free to contact me! PM

PS:it's better that the big inkjet support cutting/milling on 2D paper or other easy cutting material and has the scalability to update to a repstrap (by adding a z step motor)
Attachments:
open | download - adv.jpg (53.5 KB)
VDX
Re: I want a big inkjet/mill to print "Shop signs"
June 03, 2011 01:45AM
... i've seen old inkjet-plotters on ebay - e.g. HP DesignJet 450 in Size DIN-A0 or 42" for a fixed price of 500 Euros, but you can find them even cheaper ...

Instead of ink cartridges you can add a cutting knife or a cutting diodelaser to the head, so cutting foils is possible too with some tweaking ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
If you want to do any milling, you can't just adopt an old pen plotter or ink jet plotter. You are in the category of a gantry milling machine. The Shop Bot is a hacker-friendly commercial design. I think it was one of the first really affordable systems that can deal with very large sheets of material. They do have a forum where people have modified their machines.

If you really want to go 100% home-brew, you can visit www.cnczone.com for lots of discussion about making your own in addition to the commercial machines.

I have seen CNC machines that have been modified to use air-brushes. I imagine obtaining the software to run such a machine is going to be the biggest challenge. CNC Zone is really the best place to ask for stuff like this. Here are a few links to related discussion there;

[www.cnczone.com]

[www.cnczone.com]

Joe Dunfee
June 03, 2011 01:05PM
You are imagin just beyond your limits..
First of all you have to see that you are in position that you can purchase the inkjet.
June 03, 2011 01:31PM
I can manufacture sign boards, and we apply vinyl to them. Is that what your after?
June 03, 2011 06:12PM
ok, I want to drop the idea about milling, I just need printing and paper cutting feature.
because even the "shop bot" is too expensive for me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login