Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finnish activity around reprap

Posted by elmom 
Finnish activity around reprap
March 07, 2010 03:18AM
It would be nice collect all the reprap related activity and contact info etc.

There are other communication channels than this:
Finnish wiki for hacking
Blogs etc: [hacklabs-fi.referata.com]
Email list for finnish hackers (Bilingual), please join!: [hacklabs-fi.referata.com]
IRC-channels: [hacklabs-fi.referata.com]

The channel for Helsinki Hacklab is the most useful one for reprappers.

The front page for Helsinki Hacklab is [www.hacklab.fi]

Me:
I have a McWire style repstrap missing the z-dimension. My contact info: everything above smiling smiley

Others I know of: A BfB early version assembled (not working) and a Mendel planned. A working makerbot is currently in a shipping container, coming to Helsinki in April. These you can reach on the mailing list mentioned above also.

Now You! Tell where, when and what are you doing regarding 3D-printing.
Re: Finnish activity around reprap
March 20, 2010 04:52PM
More repraps in the works in Helsinki. I am currently building a mendel-style repstrap. So far I have the electronics, a makerbot extruder and some ABS in a fixed installation working fine. Since the xyz mechanics are missing, I can only print plastic wire at the moment, but work is ongoing...
August 08, 2010 07:02PM
Progress, the printer is working!

The design was made while building it, and though far from perfect the machine is alive. I started to document the work in a blog here: http://pasutx.blogspot.com/. I also created an account at thingiverse and will upload some printed objects there http://www.thingiverse.com/pasutx.
August 09, 2010 04:19AM
Please come to Helsinki Hacklab in Vallila to meet other RepRap enthusiasts, and Torsti, our Mendel Bot. Tuesdays are best for visiting, but almost any other time works also, just ask in advance.
Henkka
September 08, 2010 02:58PM
Hello,

I have an working MakerBot at Tampere and I'm most likely start doing Mendel with it during the winter of 2010. For some part's I could use my cnc-lathe and cnc-machine (both DIY) if that makes sense and if it's easier/quicker. If anyone in Tampere area is interested to see MakerBot operating, I'll be happy to have an 'get-together' & demonstration session in my own workshop.

I can be reached via e-mail, first.last at gmail point com.

Br,

Henry Palonen
September 09, 2010 02:37AM
The hackerspace in Tamprere (5w.fi) has people interested in building repraps, I'm sure they would welcome you as member. There's also another cupcake cnc and a mendel built with it in Tampere.

Henkka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> I have an working MakerBot at Tampere and I'm most
> likely start doing Mendel with it during the
> winter of 2010. For some part's I could use my
> cnc-lathe and cnc-machine (both DIY) if that makes
> sense and if it's easier/quicker. If anyone in
> Tampere area is interested to see MakerBot
> operating, I'll be happy to have an
> 'get-together' & demonstration session in my own
> workshop.
>
> I can be reached via e-mail, first.last at gmail
> point com.
>
> Br,
>
> Henry Palonen
January 03, 2011 04:04AM
Hello,

I have now printed the Prusa Mendel plastics, including also Wade's extruder parts. I did the prints with my Cupcake and I'm currently assembling all the parts together in my own workshop (near Nokia town center). I have to order electronics (gen6) and motors still, but I'm still considering using left-over motors & controllers from my other projects.

I made an new blog to [random3d.wordpress.com] if anyone is interested to follow this build. I'm going to blog about this build and other 3D printing & scanning related issues there.

Br,

Henkka
February 01, 2011 10:25AM
Hello there,

My first ever owned 3d printer, full reprap mendel kit, with generation 6 electronics on the way (from mendel-parts). I guess it takes 3-8 weeks to arrive, but lets start socializing in here!

I´ll write a blog about my experience with reprap from decide to order -> first prints or maybe more. Project can be found in blogspot.
Jabaz Blogspot. Unfortunately thats only in finnish by now. Hope I have enough time to write same texts in english also.
The project will be delayed, if the kit doesnt arrive in this month. Because I´m leaving for 3 months exchange studies to China in march. But after that I´ll continue with the reprap and the blog.

Does someone here in Finland have experience about that Mendel Kit?
I´ll be happy to recieve all the information about that, if someone has the experience! smiling smiley

- Janne 'Jaba-Z'
March 08, 2011 03:49PM
I'm an American living with his Finnish wife in Tammisaari. I've just been turned on to the RepRap.

I have to watch my euros, as I'm a pensioner. I'd like to find a way to get RepRap parts as inexpensively as possible. I've inquired as to whether monitoimikeskus may be able to help me with this, but I haven't heard from them yet.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.
Alan Lake

first dot last at lakeinfoworks.com
www.lakeinfoworks.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 08:31AM by alake.
April 14, 2011 01:25PM
I have built a Sells mendel for Helsinki Hacklab, but unfortantely it's not fully functional ATM. I did print the parts for Prusa with it though. I'll be glad to help.
June 07, 2011 11:49AM
Evening!

As I wrote on feb. 1st that I've ordered a full mendel kit and due to my exchange studies in China I was able to start my project on may 28. You can follow my project from my blogspot page, few posts upwards.

I have one question about PLA / ABS or something plastic filaments, Is there any company in Finland which sells them? or where have you ordered your filaments?
Rob
August 08, 2011 02:17AM
August 15, 2011 03:58PM
Hi all!

I am from Mikkeli and been learning for couple days about these 3d DIY printers.

If anybody happens to have Prusa printable parts for sale in Finland, please shoot me a mail. (Interested also in Finnish peoples experiences about these things..)

Thank you in advance.
Rob
September 15, 2011 03:03AM
Hi MikeyK

I'll soon be getting a makergear hot end for my prusa. I'll let you know when I'm starting to get good quality prints for sale!
Or you could buy your parts from ebay. I recommend this seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/RepRap-Prusa-Mendel-plastic-parts-Wades-ready-use-/120770484704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c1e7b59e0#ht_500wt_1413

Cheers,
Rob
September 29, 2011 03:43AM
Greetings,

The finnish hackerspace scene is currently wondering whether it's possible to organize a local maker faire -style event in Finland / Helsinki. You might be interested in answering the following questionnaire regarding the event: [bit.ly]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login