Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Programing my micro

Posted by buket of water 
Programing my micro
November 09, 2011 08:23PM
Hey all.

My name is Chris, I live in Mackay, I am a lazy miner

anyway i brought an assembled printer (due to lazy miner-ness)
my was to use the printing for lost wax casting and plugs for moulds

So i have no idea with elecrontics and i am wonder if someone would like to see if they can get repsnapper to connect to the printer?
Re: Programing my micro
November 10, 2011 08:59PM
Hi Chris,
I'm in Blackwater, which is a close 4-hour drive from you. If you ever want to drop around, I'd be happy to have a look at your electronics, see if we can puzzle it out. I'm no expert by any means, but willing to give you a hand.
November 11, 2011 02:41AM
Thank you very much for the offer Shibboleth. Your just "around the corner" for work haha

I've made a lot of progress now but i think i've fried the X axis motor or its not plugged in correctly
November 11, 2011 05:07AM
more likely that the pololu is dead, switch the motor with a working one and see what happens.

ps: we're all using pronterface and sfact instead of repsnapper these days smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
November 11, 2011 06:44AM
Yeah im thinking the same.

i changed it to another axis and it worked

Im on the pronterface wagon too
November 11, 2011 10:00PM
buket,

I have been following your other posts [forums.reprap.org] but haven't been able to contribute much, as I don't know exactly what electronics a Glider comes equipped with. The manufacturer's website [www.reprapcentral.com] is a bit obscure, because they talk about both RAMPS and GEN6 - I thought these were different systems. Could you post a photo to help us work out what you actually have?

RAMPS [reprap.org] is an add-on board that goes onto an Arduino Mega, while GEN6 [reprap.org] is an all-in-one board that has the the Atmel microprocessor on it. My experience (very limited!) is with RAMPS; I haven't seen a GEN6.

If your problem is that you have a blown stepper controller, I may be able to help you out. I have a couple of spare StepStick modules [reprap.org] that I could pass on at cost. (I needed some spares after I blew one on my first attempt at wiring up.) I believe StepSticks are pin-compatible with Pololus, but I haven't tried myself to be 100% sure.

I am in Brisbane, so postage to central Queensland would be negligible. Let me know if you would like one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 10:02PM by julianh72.

Follow my Mendel Prusa build here: [julianh72.blogspot.com]
November 11, 2011 11:22PM
it is RAMPS either 1.3/1.4

i swaped around the stepper controllers. so it is them. ordered some more off ebay. hopefully they will here before i return from work.

now to work out why my stl files come out really tiny.

im using solidedge v18.

soo many hoops
November 11, 2011 11:28PM
buket of water Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now to work out why my stl files come out really
> tiny.
> im using solidedge v18.

you're probably exporting with units set to inches.

Reprap is a metric project, so everything expects millimeters.

You need to either scale them by 25.4, or tell your CAD program to export with millimeter units.

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
November 12, 2011 02:44AM
bloody solidedge.

found this burried in wikki, have to download Art of Illusion, STL translator plugin
File->Import->STL (got an error but ignored it)
Object->Convert to Triangle Mesh
Object->Edit Object (opens mesh editor)
Edit->Select All
[optional] Mesh->Transform, (used 0,0,0 90,0,0 25.4,25.4,25.4 to scale and rotate)
Mesh->Simplify Selection (used 0.05)
close mesh editor
File->Export->STL

ALL good now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login