Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MendelMax kits, Australia?

Posted by shaggers 
MendelMax kits, Australia?
November 29, 2012 12:08AM
Hi all,

I've just made the decision to get a 3D printer. To keep the cost down, I definitely want to build my own printer, but I'm not sure about all the hassle of figuring out exactly what parts I need, so I thought that buying a complete kit was the most sensible option(minus the printed parts, which I can get an acquaintance to produce for me). The websites and forums have so much information (not necessarily well laid out) and there are so many variants that I have a feeling I'd end up buyingg the wrong parts, or just have to upgrade straight away, if I bought the bits and pieces individually...

Now the Prusa Mendel looks like a decent machine, and there are plenty of websites selling the kits (<$700), but I was hoping to go for one of the newer variants, e.g. MendelMax, since I want something that has as big a print area as practical, and is nice and rigid.

Does anyone have any recommendations for sites selling MendelMax kits?

Cheers.
Re: MendelMax kits, Australia?
November 29, 2012 11:29PM
I've recently done a lot of research and couldn't find anyone sourcing MendelMax parts in Australia.
If you find it, let us know, please.
December 17, 2012 06:04PM
December 18, 2012 12:30AM
Hi Shaggers,

Maker's Tool Works offers shipping to Australia! We'll begin offering our full MendelMax 1.5+ kits by the end of next week, and our MendelMax 2.0 kits will be offered early 2013. We've already had a few customers from Australia actually. Anyway, Maxbots, the original designer of the MendelMax, is one of the founders of our company, so any orders you make will help support him as well as the overall MendelMax development project.

Cheers!
ryan_turner
MTW
January 05, 2013 02:56AM
Hi Ryan,
How do we take advantage of the free shipping.

Maker's Tool Works Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Shaggers,
>
> Maker's Tool Works offers shipping to Australia!
> We'll begin offering our full MendelMax 1.5+ kits
> by the end of next week, and our MendelMax 2.0
> kits will be offered early 2013. We've already had
> a few customers from Australia actually. Anyway,
> Maxbots, the original designer of the MendelMax,
> is one of the founders of our company, so any
> orders you make will help support him as well as
> the overall MendelMax development project.
>
> Cheers!
> ryan_turner
> MTW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login