Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting started in Seattle

Posted by Jmbjr2008 
Getting started in Seattle
September 05, 2008 12:42PM
Hi,

I've been keeping tabs on RepRap since March/April this year, but haven't started building due to cost and space issues. Those issues should soon be taken care of and I'm looking forward to starting in the next couple months.

I see this Seattle User Group has been added, but it appears I missed out on some earlier meetups, etc.

Just introducing myself and seeing who all is still active in the area. I'm in Mill Creek. Not sure how much use I am to anyone since I don't have a ton of experience in this area, but who knows.

Thanks.

-John
Re: Getting started in Seattle
September 06, 2008 08:10PM
Welcome. There's only been one meeting to speak of, and we don't have any sort of meetup planned in the immediate future. However, you might see some of us at Seattle Robotics Society meetings if you attend those. [seattlerobotics.org]. The next one is in a couple of weeks.
March 15, 2009 11:27PM
Roosevelt High School in Ravenna has a fledgling project (very much so), but we would like to be helpful members of the community if we can.

We are working on constructing an acrylic resptrap as an after-school project.
March 16, 2009 12:40PM
Hi John

I am down in the thrashers corner area if you would like to drop by.

Fred
April 20, 2009 05:59PM
freds,

I might have to take you up on that sometime. What sort of rep(st)rap are you making?

I've got a hand-me-down BfB, partially assembled.

-John
April 23, 2009 12:06AM
Hi John

Sure no problem.

Here's a link to my blog, I am way behind on blogging about it due to general chaos and misplacing the memory chip from the camera to post the pictures.

[www.exmrclean.blogspot.com]

Most of my recent efforts has been helping the kids over at Roosevelt high school so my personal progress has stalled a bit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login