Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some results!

Posted by Wade 
Some results!
October 15, 2008 06:06PM
Well, I've been struggling with the software here for quite a while, but I'm starting to get some decent results. I've finally hit the point where I'm adding parts to my spare parts bin faster than I'm breaking things and taking parts out.

Many thanks to the entire Reprap team! Lately I've been pestering Enrique and Zach more than most, but it's really a big time team effort here. Good stuff!

As you can see, this is nowhere near Nophead's print quality, but these parts are functional - my extruder is running with an extruded motor mount already.

Now for something a little more complicated... smiling smiley

Re: Some results!
October 15, 2008 06:26PM
Great stuff, well done smileys with beer

Good to see somebody else using a shaft encoder.

The motor bracket looks like it has a deficit of plastic on the right corner. I think that just needs a small delay after starting the extruder give time for the plastic to start flowing.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: Some results!
October 15, 2008 06:46PM
Thanks!

Yeah, it's funny, I didn't want to waste time calibrating my extruder, so I spent weeks tweaking encoder software. But now that I've got it working, it's done for good. Zach's magnetic encoder works like a charm! You can't even tell I've got an off center extruder drive screw. Sharpening the extruder screw helped a lot as well.

One thing I'd been meaning to ask you Nophead - have you or Enrique tried spanning overhanging gaps by stretching filament at a much lower extruder speed vs head speed? I noticed I get these great, perfectly straight "hair" bridges between the two towers, but short overhangs often have droopy plastic for the first couple of layers. Might be able to make use of that.

Wade
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login