Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steppers still not stepping

Posted by jajo 
Steppers still not stepping
December 15, 2008 11:24AM
Once again I have a problem. I am using the Live CD 0.6 and have gotten the program to connect to the arduino. Using the single arduino generation two electronics, I can use the software program to control my extruder motor. It still will not turn my stepper motors. They will turn when running and extruder excersiser. The dir and step pins are wired to the arduino, ground to the arduino ground, and sync of my x and y (both slaves) are both wired into the z sync (z is the master board). I think the problem may be with some of the preferences in the host software, but I know nothing of how it works, and even less about the preferences. Thank You for your help.

-Jajo
Re: Steppers still not stepping
December 15, 2008 11:53AM
Jajo,

This issue seems to be a hot topic lately! There is some real good info out there. This [forums.reprap.org] has helped me more than most. Different OS but with it being the same issue...may be cross platform. I'm playing PM tag with Leav at the moment and hope to have more info later in the week.

It also may have something to do with the pin assignments. If I understand correctly, your X and Y axis are being controlled from the Z sync? If that is correct, then I'm not gonna be much help. I made all of my axis masters and wired them to the associated pins on the Arduino. I think others who have done the same have had little issue.

As a side: Once I get my machine up and running, I'm considering compling the effort into a FAQ/Build/Troubleshooting guide. It'll most likely be McWire specific at first and then Darwin (once I get it built) Finding stuff on the Wiki and on the forums can be tough. If anyone else has already started one of these lemme know!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 11:58AM by Rick.

- Rick

A chicken has a head the size of a walnut. Yet, even it has the sense to come in out of the rain.
December 15, 2008 05:14PM
If I make all of my boards masters, will I need to change board wiring? (Besides disconnecting the sync wires)
December 15, 2008 06:45PM
No. All that the sync function does is make all the chopper drives switch at the same time so that they do not interfere with each other. Most people do not use it.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login