Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware

Posted by Arthur 
Firmware
July 10, 2009 04:34AM
I was building my McWire bot last year and then got busy and am picking it back up in the summer time (long time, I know). I was planning on upgrading to the latest software versions since I was having some software problems.

I noticed that replicatorG is now version 4. That does NOT work with Gen2 electronics (arduino) right? If that's the case, then I need replicatorG v3 right?--know where I can find that (only v4 is available for download).

Also, is there a working link to the latest arduino firmware (Gcode firmware) version since this doesn't work: [reprap.org]

Thanks for any insights.
Re: Firmware
July 10, 2009 02:05PM
oops! I meant to say "I don't know where I can find that (replicatorG v3)".
July 15, 2009 02:21PM
you can use the latest version of ReplicatorG with both Gen2 and Gen3 firmwares. replicatorg is a driver based system. configure it to use the 'serialpassthrough' driver and you'll be good to go.
July 15, 2009 03:47PM
Zach,

I see -- I cut & pasted the "darwin" driver from RepG v0002 into v0004's machines.xml and it kinda works, but says "Darwin(null) not initialized" in the upper-righthand corner (please see attached pic) and gives this error in the shell:

Loading machine: Darwin
Loading driver: SerialPassthroughDriver
Stable Library
=========================================
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7

Machine set to replicatorg.app.MachineController@1f78ef1
Attempting to initialize driver replicatorg.app.drivers.SerialPassthroughDriver@1c9a690

Connecting to COM3 at 19200
Initializing Serial.
start
Ready to rock.

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
at replicatorg.app.MachineStatusPanel.updateMachineStatus(MachineStatusPanel.java:81)
at replicatorg.app.MachineStatusPanel.run(MachineStatusPanel.java:110)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

How can I get rid of the error? What does it even mean?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login