Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguino issue - sort of solved

Posted by philwaud 
Sanguino issue - sort of solved
August 02, 2009 03:51AM
Hi Guys,

My wife was away last night so I had a marathon session on the reprap!

Im in the process of building a resstrap and have got as far as just about finishing the cartesian bot. I have three Stepper 1.2 boards and a Sanguino with breakout shield. The Sanguino was really bugging me, every time I tried to upload any sketches it would just lock and sometimes throw an avrdude error. Searching on the net didnt reveal much more than "there are so many causes of this error, we cant help..." - very useful!

Anyway, I eventually sorted it.

If I hold down the reset button on the Sanguino and keep it held down whilst I click on the upload button (Ctrl - U as I havent got twenty fingers!), then keep the button held down until the Arduino app shows "xxxxx bytes of xxxx" message, then the sketch will compile and run OK. I had to change the USB port from 9600 to 19200 in my Windows set up but it works nearly all the time.

When I run the test environment and turn on the serial monitor, I get a load of garbage been reflected back. If I press reset on the Sanguino again, this then clears and I get the proper menu so I can text the steppers etc.

Has anyone else found the same?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login