Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fill %

Posted by drummerboyx 
Fill %
December 30, 2009 09:18AM
Is it possible to change the fill % in the host software? If not, how can I make an STL 40mm cube into a 25% fill?

Thanks,
Drummerboyx
Re: Fill %
December 30, 2009 05:22PM
are you asking for skeinforge, or for reprap host software?
December 30, 2009 05:59PM
I meant the RepRap host software.

Thanks,
Drummerboyx
December 30, 2009 10:59PM
you'll want to thank bitsfrombytes.com for the following information., btw, i am so gratefull as it helpes me every day!

here is the document link
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]

you want to change infill solidity. from say .4 to .25 the number 1 is 100% .25 is 25% fill.

also your fill rate depends on Diaphragm Period (layers) being set to say 99999 so no extra support diaphragms will be built. this adds a lot to the build, but makes item stronger too.

if your build is a small one say less than 1(cm)3 then set the following
Extra Shells on Alternating Solid Layer (layers) =1
Extra Shells on Base (layers) =1
Extra Shells on Sparse Layer (layers) =1
Grid Junction Separation Band Height (layers) =10 (mainly for seperation of lines in diaphragm0

ALL THESE SETTINGS CAN BE CHANGED FROM RUNNING PYTHON SKIENFORGE.PY THEN SELECTING CARVE-> INFILL.

Good luck!
December 30, 2009 11:10PM
sorry, for reprap host software i think you are stuck designing shapes within your model to accomodate the spaces. so to get s thinner fill, you would need to design a cross stitched patter and either draw it in or boolean a shape over your current setup.

sorry, i switched over to skeinforge some time ago. it's a difficult beast at first, but much more faster and allows the flexibility of infill %

i hate to ask but is there a reason you want the infill%?
December 31, 2009 10:01AM
I wanted to speed up the build time for an object. Also, has there been any work done on the glue-gun extruder?
December 31, 2009 10:42PM
i don't know. i know that a glue gun type extruder was one design that was talked about here on the forums a while back, but i think it is more a method of wanting a tool head that is not machined, rather than a larger head. I could be wrong on that. as for building time, I have a program that should be out in a weeks time that dramatically improves build time in a draft mode. You give up control over what engine to use. it uses skeinforge, practically based off of skein engine. and it has 3 modes a best, normal and draft. draft mode designed for 1.1mm thickness layers. I have worked out algorithms to do proper bridging and thickness, and made it a really easy turn key process (turn on and walk away). If you want speed, then draft mode is perfect for you. draft mode is a compromise that leaes you a few minutes clean up tmie, but shaves hours off of build.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login