Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

magnetic rotation speed control & gen 3 firmware

Posted by Barney 
magnetic rotation speed control & gen 3 firmware
September 08, 2009 04:05PM
How do I get RPM speed control to work with replicatorG and generation 3 firmware?
I set motor_encoder_ppr="256" in my machines.xml file, which makes a Motor Speed (RPM) box appear in the control panel, but nothing I put in the box works. Motor Speed (PWM) works fine.

I'm using ReplicatorG 0007 and firmware v1.2 (does 1.3 exist yet?)

Thanks,

Barney.
Re: magnetic rotation speed control & gen 3 firmware
September 08, 2009 05:51PM
Finally found and tried firmware 1.3. No difference.

Barney.
September 08, 2009 07:05PM
Ok, it looks from the source code as though this never got written. Some code from ArduinoSlaveExtruder:

#if MOTOR_STYLE == 1
//do encoder stuff here.
#else

Is anyone working on this, or should I try to code something up? Who is supposed to know about this? Is anybody listening?

Barney.
September 08, 2009 11:02PM
I use a variation of Zach's Gcode_Interpreter_Experimental on a gm3 with the magnetic encoder, but it's from last year, pretty out of date.

Here's my code attached, but it probably won't work for you. Just use the encoder sections as a guide.

The extruder I'm working on now uses a Nema17 stepper, but I may try and use the encoder to keep track of the actual filament feed rate.

Wade
Attachments:
open | download - GCode_Interpreter_Experimental.zip (148.1 KB)
September 09, 2009 01:10AM
The code are actually almost in place,

[reprap.svn.sourceforge.net]
The difficult part - DIP, manage_motor1_speed() is actually hooked up.

The only things that's missing is increasing the speed_error. Which is yes, should be done in the Timer.

I have rewritten the firmware for my Extruder controller at
[github.com]
You could copy the code if you wish, it's GPL. It's designed to talk with EMC2, but using the same compatible protocol (packet / CRC thing). I am using a new set of commands though. IMHO, the architecture is much better, implementing the old set should be very easy too with the existing code as reference. Copy whatever code you like there. smiling smiley

My code supports thermocouple, thermistor, DIPMotor with the onboard AS driver or separated driver.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 03:01AM by sam0737.
September 09, 2009 05:48AM
Thanks, guys!

It looks like I'll have to do some coding. I don't mind that, but debugging looks nasty. Does anyone have a utility for calculating CRCs, so I don't have to go via ReplicatorG & the motherboard?

Barney.

P.S. I've just started a RepRap blog. Oak & Silicon
Jim
July 30, 2010 11:46AM
Has anyone had any luck getting an encoder to work with the extruder firmware and ReplicatorG?

I am currently trying to get ReplicatorG 0017 to work with the magnetic rotary encoder 1.0 board connected to the Extruder Controller v2.2 . I haven't had much luck modifying the ArduinoSlaveExtruder firmware 1.8. It seems that most of the code is there, except in the Timer1.cpp file as sam0737 noted?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login